Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Safety on the Lake
Stay safe on Lake of the Ozarks this summer by always following safety protocol.
SERVPRO of Lake of the Ozarks is proud to be a part of a great community full of fun on the lake! Every summer, this area of Missouri fills up with tourists and beach house owners to enjoy all the lake has to offer such as boating, jet skiing, parasailing, tubing and more. With all the fun, however, comes some unsafe conditions. Even so, Lake of the Ozarks has been said to be one of the most dangerous lakes due to so much boat traffic, among others. SERVPRO wants everyone to stay safe this summer by following some provided safety tips:
- ALWAYS wear a life vest on the boat. No matter your age or skill level when it comes to swimming, an accident can occur at any moment where your movement may be compromised. A life vest can save your life!
- Stay sober when operating any type of watercraft. Although Lake of the Ozarks can be a great place to let loose in the summer, alcohol-related accidents on the lake do happen, so stay aware.
- Take extra precautions when fueling watercraft. According to Lake of the Ozarks Water Safety Council’s Facebook page, small mistakes made when fueling can lead to an explosion.
Our Reconstruction Team is Here to help
SERVPRO is a one-stop shop for restoration and reconstruction jobs.
SERVPRO of Lake of the Ozarks prides itself on its ability to restore residential and commercial spaces following water, fire and mold damage. We have the experts needed to handle a job of this type, yet we also have another important aspect of our team—the reconstruction team. This group of professionals will go in following a restoration job to repair walls, flooring, roofing and more to make your disaster seem “Like it never even happened.” Our reconstruction teams also aid in demolition, remodels and roof tarp and board-up services. Having SERVPRO handle the reconstruction part of a job as well as the restoration can bring you peace of mind as you won't be needing to hire multiple repair teams. Likewise, this will make the job be finished quicker due to team communication, and the insurance claims process will be smoother.
SERVPRO of Lake of the Ozarks is Here for You!
Sometimes the happiest people are the ones who struggle the most. If you ever feel alone, please reach out to the listed resources!
Isolation has a way of bringing out a particular reaction in people that leaves them longing for human interaction. These past couple of years have been much isolation for many. The suicide rate is 25 times greater than the general public for individuals with serious mental illness and mood disorders, such as depression or bipolar disorder.
When someone decides to end their life, bystanders will often admit they feel at fault. It’s hard to fully grasp what is going on with someone internally due to “masking” the warning signs. If you notice any of these signs in yourself or someone you love, we suggest talking to a doctor about seeking a wellness stay.
Warning Signs of Suicide
- Vocalizing the feeling of hopelessness or the lack of living.
- Vocalizing the feeling of being a burden to others.
- Extreme mood swings.
- Loss of interest or losing the ability to feel pleasure.
- Seems withdrawn or isolated.
If you recognize any of these signs in yourself or someone close to you, we suggest immediately calling one of the following resources.
- Ozark Center Crisis Services
- Crisis Line: (417) 347-7720
- Crisis Line: (800) 247-0661
- National Hope Line
- Crisis Line: (800) 784-2433
- National Suicide Preventional Lifeline
- Crisis Line: (800)273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Crisis Line: (800) 273-8255, Press #1
- 911 or emergency services
Our team of professionals here at SERVPRO of Lake of the Ozarks wants every single of you reading this that you are loved. Our team has seen firsthand the aftermath of a client deciding to end their own life. We want you to know that the resources above can help start the healing process if you struggle with your battles.
Our technicians work to restore the client's property to the preloss state.
SERVPRO of Lake of the Ozarks works with our staff to provide endless training opportunities, whether IICRC certifications or corporate training. Our team can handle any size project, whether a small leak or a significant loss. SERVPRO prides itself on its capability to help eliminate some unnecessary stress off our clients by restoring their property to the preloss condition.
SERVPRO is a 24-Hour Emergency Service that strives to assist our clients after they experience a disaster.
SERVPRO aims to bring the same consistent services across the nation, which is achieved by providing detailed estimates that list all services performed. When the client approves the estimate, our team of trained professionals will arrive with stocked trucks to help restore both the damage and structure to the preloss condition.
S- Service that exceeds the competition
E- Excellent Communication throughout the restoration process
R- Restoring the property to the preloss state.
V- Vow to meet customers’ needs.
P- Professionalism displayed with all team members
R- Respected and Recognized as the Industries leader
O- Outstanding Customer Service
Prioritizing The Response
We take the necessary steps by focusing our crew's attention on items with which our clients have more of an emotional connection.
One of the hardest parts about working at SERVPRO is that you can’t wave the magic undo button to help restore every content to the preloss condition. When we arrive at the site, we organize the contents into three categories: Discard, Restore Immediately, and Restore Later, with each type having its own set of actions which allows our team to direct our focus the way the client wants.
As much as I wish we could restore every content to the preloss condition, it is not always possible. This is because some damage is irreversible, caused by the contact of moisture, contamination, or physical damage. When an item is deemed nonreversible, our crew will list it as a loss, set it aside for review by an adjuster, and, if approved, discard and replace it. We can only return it to the client when it overlooks the emotional or monetary value and accepts it in the less than preloss condition.
The difference between this category and the next is that they will face secondary damage if contents are not restored immediately. We categorize the severity of the job by the number of contents that are needed to be restored immediately. The emotional value of each content influences the client’s decision to repair with photo documentation helping the client determine the value of these contents.
When contents have suffered minor but restorative damage will be placed as low on the priority list. Our team has deemed it with little to no secondary damage risk when items are placed into this category. This is because the contents weren’t wet or suffered from short-term exposure to moisture or damage. Our crew won’t focus our immediate attention on this category of the lack of risk of secondary damage.
Placing your content into these categories ensures that our crew’s time is directed the way the client wants. We can focus our attention on items with more emotional value for our clients. If you need our content restoration services, please call SERVPRO of Lake of the Ozarks at (573) 346-7200.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Put your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned sticker on your door with pride as you have chosen to get your property professionally cleaned.
The team here at SERVPRO of Lake of the Ozarks works to provide the highest quality for our clients. You should know about SERVPRO because we constantly strive to achieve the highest standard in the restoration/cleaning industry by adapting our existing products that are used. Our team has worked with HQ to create a repeatable process, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, to ensure the standard we hold ourselves is the same across the board.
- Each job we work is different, and each client has different needs. SERVPRO recognizes this and works to create a tailored program based on the client's needs.
- Having an established connection with our COI, Center of Influence, we can find important information that our leadership team will translate to the crew to ensure they receive the highest quality of service.
- Once one of our Job File Coordinator gathers all the necessary information, our professionals will create the best course of action. Down to the products we use during the cleaning is our HQ's highest quality. Our team uses one of our EPA- Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions.
- When the crew has provided the cleaning, we like to place our “Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Shield” sticker on the front entrance.
If you or your company needs a deep cleaning, please call us at (573) 346-7200.